Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Twitter

I wasn't convinced about this to start with, but I think it's growing on me. I am beginning to see how it might be useful for pointing people towards information you want them to look at in more detail. I thought 140 characters might be too few to be useful but it's surprising what you can get in.

I couldn't work out why my #ox23 tagged tweets were not showing when I searched the tag, although when I clicked on the tag from my home page it took me to the correct place. I then found that it was because I had ticked the privacy button in my account.

Phil Bradley's article that was recommended by Ed Smithson made a good case for spending all the time it is taking me to take all this Web 2.0 stuff on board. I'm glad I'm doing it. I just hope I can remember it when I need it! I'm just reaching the stage where things are muddling themselves up in my brain, but I know it will be ok if I persist.

No comments:

Post a Comment