Tuesday, 9 March 2010

LinkedIn

I have mixed views on this site. At one level it is good, but it seems too inflexible. For example, it gives you no freedom to enter information about your workplace so that it displays sensibly. You are forced to add an industry and then given a list of industries with no option to add something that makes sense for your situation, so what is shown on your profile is misleading or just displays in a silly way. To be fair, I think I have at some point stumbled across one page where you had the option to suggest a new industry, but I have really searched hard for it and can't find it again. If anybody can advise, that would be very helpful.

Also, education seems to appear only in alphabetical order of "schools" whereas it would probably make more sense if you could put it in order of significance.

I can see that the site could perhaps be useful for people wanting notification of jobs, but of course, it depends whether employers that you are interested in are part of the network....

No comments:

Post a Comment