Wednesday, 24 March 2010

ThinkFree Office

This is, indeed, more functional than Google Docs, but I did find it had some very slow moments - which may or may not have had anything to do with the product itself.

Mostly it was very easy and comfortable to use - although I found it irritating that I couldn't get rid of the paragraph marks even when formatting was nominally hidden.

I liked the difference between justified and distributed. In Word, if you have enough characters on the line and ask for it to be justified, it distributes the text anyway, so this is an improvement.

I tried doing a note and thought it was going to be really good, but couldn't make it perform as well as I hoped. For example, trying the newsletter format, I inserted a picture and then found that I couldn't find a way to resize it. Presumably you have to do that before inserting it, but that's rather cumbersome.

When went to select a template for a note, I got the message that "ThinkFree Note does not fully support your web browser. Firefox or Internet Explorer 7 is recommended". I don't know if this made any difference.

Not sure whether I like this better than Google Docs. There is not a lot in it, and for some purposes I prefer, for example, the wider choice of fonts. If it's always slow, I think I would get annoyed with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment