Wednesday, 10 February 2010

A changing paradise





I've discovered how to do all sorts of things that I often wondered about! I just played with the image I'd called "A smoker's paradise". First of all I add a frame, brightened some areas and sharpened others. This didn't make a huge difference. I don't think the frame is really appropriate but it served for the exercise. I then tried a different frame, pencil sketch effect and stickers - just for a bit of fun! Hmm... corny Christmas card??!

And then I published my blog... with my pictures in it.... except that they weren't. An hour later, despite help from a very competent colleague, I was still totally frustrated. I could upload photos from file; I could upload other web images; I changed my licensing on said photos to none; I told Flickr to grant access to my blog….. I even managed to blog the photo using “blog this” in Flickr, but it then wouldn’t let me edit it to add more photos – indeed seemingly not much at all. I didn’t know what else to do. After emailing for help, I have had to resort to the way I had already sussed, i.e. download pictures from Flickr and then put them in the blog. And even now I haven't managed to make them small enough to sit side by side. It's so frustrating. Oh well.... Onwards and upwards....

And now my fonts are all over the place and I can't find what my default is, and am even more frustrated. I've got to leave now, so it will have to wait until I have time to sort it out. Grr... It started so well!

PS Thanks for helpful comments. I think I might have finally got it sorted - I hope!

1 comment:

  1. Well, the photos look very nice!! I did find some info on changing fonts and other such things in your template here: http://www.bloggerguide.lk/2008/04/howto-customize-fonts-and-colors.html
    Hope it helps! It's also just a way to see what the template is currently set to.

    ReplyDelete